Healthy Low Carb Spaghetti Dinner; Lean Bison and Organic Tomato Sauce over Spaghetti Squash
This is one of my husbands favorite meals. He asked me to make it again tonight after I made it for him a few nights ago. Its super simple and easy, so I didnt mind! Plus its very filling and low carb/cals!
1) Cut Spaghetti Squash in half. Scrape out the strings and seeds you see in the center with a spoon and wash thoroughly.
2) Place both halves face down in a shallow microwave safe glass dish with a small amount of water in the bottom.
3) Microwave for 10-12 minutes, turn dish around to cook thoroughly and microwave another 10-12 minutes. Most likely the dish will not rotate because it is too large.
4) While spaghetti squash is in the microwave, sautee whatever desired amount of sweet onion and/or mushrooms and/or bell peppers you may like in a hot sautee pan. Add diced garlic, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper.
5) Add meat of choice if needing to cook your meat. I have used lean ground turkey in the past and it works great!
6) Add organic strained tomato sauce or blend up your own! I look for pure tomato sauce on the label, which should have 30 cals or less per serving. Most the canned stuff has lots of add ins and often times is over 60 calories per serving.
7) If meat is pre-cooked, like the bison sent to us from IconMeals, then add it to the sauce last while on simmer.
8) Take spaghetti squash out of the microwave and scrape with a fork to pull into “noodles”
9) Add 1- 2 cups of spaghetti squash to a bowl, top with desired amount of sauce and meat.
10) I usually toast up a few slices of 45 calorie Sarah Lee Bread which I sprinkle with parmesan and oregano + garlic powder and add it on the side
Thats it! Super easy and delicious! ENJOY!