ZUCCHINI NOODLE SPAGHETTI
One of my favorite low carb dishes is making spaghetti utilizing spaghetti squash in place of pasta. However, spaghettii squash can be time consuming to prepare so today I used my new spiralizer to make zucchini noodles. It was not only heavenly but filling with amazing macros!
What you will need:
- A spiralizer and large pan. I found my spiralizer at Bed, Bath & Beyond. You can view it Here
- 1 large zucchini
- Lean meat of your choice. I use IconMeals extra lean ground turkey
- Seasoning of your liking if meat is not pre-prepared or seasoned
- Olive Oil
- Parmesan cheese or cheese of liking
- Onion and/or mushrooms (I use red onion and shiitakis)
- Organic low cal tomato sauce
- Use spiralizer to make zucchini noodles. One zucchini will make plenty for one serving.
2. In large sauté pan, add onions and mushrooms if desired. Sauté on medium high heat until cooked down.
3. Add meat and cook until browned unless pre-cooked.
4. In a separate pan add 1/2 tbs. olive oil and zucchini noodles. Cook 5 minutes or until tender on medium high.
5. Add sauce to cooked down noodles and simmer. I use an organic strained tomato sauce that has very good macros I found at a local specialty health food store (pictured below).
6. Place noodles and sauce in bowl, top with meat and vegetables. Add cheese if desired and enjoy!
MACROS: 262 Calories – 33G Protein/25G carbs – 8G fiber/3G fat **Utilizing 4oz. lean ground turkey, 1 cup organic strained tomato sauce, 50G of mushrooms and onions, and 2tbs. grated parmesan.
SUPER QUICK BBQ CHICKEN CAULIFLOWER CRUST PIZZA
How do you make super fast and super macro friendly BBQ chicken pizza?
Step 1) Buy Absolutely Gluten Free Cauliflower Crust Pizza
2) Cut up some IconMeals grilled chicken breast
3)Add Simple Girl BBQ Sauce or Walden Farms Calorie Free BBQ Sauce.
4) Bake! The box says to bake for about 15-20 minutes but I left them in a little longer so the crust turned brown and crispy.
All three for 240 calories with the 2oz of chicken I added.
25G Protein/24G Carbs-4G fiber/6G Fat
This is one of my staples in and out of prep! I absolutely love this salad because it is filling and low carb/healthy!
SUPER SIMPLE HEALTHY TACO SALAD
What you will need:
- Lettuce and/or Cabbage Base. I prefer cabbage so the lettuce does not get soggy and I also like some crunch to my salads.
- Bell Pepper and/or Onions
- Cheese- I use Fat Free from Kraft to keep macros low
- Meat of Choice – I alternate between IconMeals lean ground bison and extra lean ground Turkey. You can order here IconMeals
- Pico De Gallo – I use a fresh made one from the local grocery store that has a bit of corn and black beans added in and is made fresh daily
- Standard Salsa- In place of dressing
- Wholly Guacamole or Avocado. I like the Wholly Guacamole packets because they are pre-measured to 100 calories with 9G of fat
- Hot Sauce of Choice- I use Sriracha
Place desired amount of cabbage or lettuce in large bowl. Sautee onions and/or bell peppers in pan. While these are sautéing – heat up meat unless it is not pre-cooked then you will need to cook/brown and season meat to liking. Add meat and sautéed veggies over top of bed of lettuce. Then add cheese so that it melts from the heat. Add salsas on top of that to liking. Add Guacamole and hot sauce.
Easy as that! Macros will very based on choice of ingredients. To calculate measure/weight ingredients and enter separately into a macro tracker such as MFP.
Who needs Chipotle?!
I have been eating this salad daily this entire week! Its SO GOOD and such low calorie/macros! Its my asian chicken salad with a homemade asian dressing on a bed of cabbage slaw! Super simple!
MACRO SAVING ASIAN CHICKEN SALAD
You will need pre-mixed cabbage slaw and or often called coleslaw mix. You will also need Braggs liquid Aminos (a low cal soy sauce substitute) + A powdered peanut butter substitute (I usually use the Nuts N More Brand was out – any will do) + Sriracha for spice, along with chicken breast.
- Place desired amount of cabbage in bowl (I use about 1/2 a bag)
- Heat up desired amount of chicken breast. I utilize grilled chicken from www.iconmeals.com (I use about 4oz.)
- In a small mixing cup place two tbs of powdered peanut butter. Mix thoroughly with water until turned into a paste. Add about 1/6 a cup of Braggs liquid aminos and mix thoroughly. Add sriracha to taste. Pour over top.
MACROS: 254 Cals – 34G Protein/23G Carbs with 8G Fiber/2G Fat